- Integral pneumatic collet chuck
- Captive collet design minimizes axial tube motion during clamp/unclamp cycles
- Clear aperture for product feed-through
- Integral mounting features support customer-supplied wet-cutting accessories
- Direct-drive brushless motor and encoder
Aerotech’s CCS series rotary stages (patent pending) with integrated captured collet chucks provide automated material handling capability for a wide range of materials and applications.
High Precision C/D Collets
The collet chucks on the CCS family of stages accept C (for CCS190DR) or D-style/Levin (for CCS130DR) collets. These collets are readily available from machine-tool component suppliers in sizes that support tube diameters from 0.1 mm to 27 mm and provide outstanding run-out characteristics for applications requiring high-precision gripping of tubular material.
Captured Collet Design
CCS features a unique collet-chuck design that allows workpiece advance without manual realignment to compensate for axial tube motion during clamp/unclamp cycles. By moving the taper around the collet instead of drawing the collet into the taper, axial motion of the workpiece is significantly reduced, eliminating the need for part re-registration after tube advancement.
The CCS family is designed with mounting features on the housing to support customer supplied wet-cutting accessories. In addition, the stage is designed to tolerate moderate fluid leakage into the aperture, which is inevitable during wet-cutting operations, to prevent encoder contamination and collet-chuck failure.
To maximize positioning performance the CCS series uses direct-drive brushless motor technology. Direct-drive technology is optimized for 24/7 production environments, with no brushes to replace and no gear trains or belts to maintain. Direct-drive also provides quicker acceleration and higher top speeds than gear- or belt-driven mechanisms, yielding higher total overall throughput.
The low maintenance, high throughput characteristics of the CCS coupled with the integral material handling capability provide the lowest total cost of ownership when compared to component-level solutions.
CCS Series Specifications
|Accuracy||Uncalibrated||50 arc sec|
|Calibrated(1)||5 arc sec|
|Bidirectional Repeatability||2 arc sec|
|Maximum Speed(2)||600 rpm|
|Aperture(3)||7.9 mm (Dry); 3 mm (Wet)||13 mm||26.5 mm|
|Maximum Torque (Continuous)||0.64 N·m||2.85 N·m||5.06 N·m|
|Load Capacity(4)||Axial||2 kg||10 kg||15 kg|
|Radial||0.5 kg||5 kg||10 kg|
|Moment||0.75 N·m||6 N·m||12 N·m|
|Rotor Inertia (Unloaded)||0.0004 kg·m2||0.0039 kg·m2||0.0051 kg·m2|
|Stage Mass||3.1 kg||12.0 kg||14.1 kg|
|Material||Hardcoat/Anodized Aluminum; Hardened Stainless Steel (Collet Chuck)|
|MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure)||10,000 Hours|
|Collet Type||Type D (Louis Levin & SonsTM)||3C||5C|
|Collet Runout(5)||<30 µm||<25 µm||<20 µm|
|System Air Pressure(6)(7)(8)||100 psig||20-100 psig||20-80 psig|
- Calibrated accuracy requires the use of Aerotech controls and angular programming units.
- Maximum speed listed is stage and motor dependent (assuming a 340 V bus). Actual speed may be lower due to motor back emf. Consult Aerotech for more details.
- The CCS130DR-160 maximum tube diameter is reduced to 6.7 mm for dry cutting with the -WC option.
- Maximum loads are mutually exclusive. Loading limits are due to the collet chuck mechanism. Contact Aerotech directly if part load requirement exceeds specifications.
- Measured TIR of a precision gage pin with an ultra-precision collet 6 mm away from the collet face at 40/40/80 psig (CCS190DR-260/CCS190DR-240/CCS130DR-160) applied air pressure and no load.
- The CCS190DR-260 and CCS190DR-240 contain a double-acting collet mechanism that requires air to open and close the collet chuck. Aerotech recommends compressed air filtered to 0.25 micron particle size or better.
- The CCS130DR-160 contains a collet chuck mechanism that is normally-open. Collet mechanism requires air to close collet chuck. Air supply must be dry (0º F dew point), oil-less air or 99.99% pure nitrogen. Air or nitrogen must be filtered to 0.25 micron particle size or better.
- Exceeding the maximum system air pressure on the CCS190 stages is not recommended and could cause damage and/or performance degradation.
|Series||Collet Chuck||Encoder||Cutting Configuration||Ring Seals||Collets||Pneumatics|
CCS130DR-160 Rotary Stage with Dead-Length Collet
|CCS130DR-160||Direct-drive rotary stage with integrated D-style dead-length collet chuck|
|-D||Normally open, air actuated D-style collet chuck|
|-RE-AS||1 Vpp amplified sine output; 3600 cycles per rev|
|-RINGSEAL-x.xxMM||Wet-cut seal sized for x.xx diameter tubing; consult Aerotech for available sizes|
|-M-xxxx||Levin D-style collets sized for xxxx diameter tubing (0.1 mm to 7.9 mm); consult Aerotech for the available sizes|
|-EF-xxxxx||Levin D-style collets sized for xxxxx diameter tubing (1/64" to 5/16"); consult Aerotech for the available sizes|
|-PN||Solenoid valves and relays for collet-chuck actuation|
|-FD||Filter drier assembly to ensure clean dry air to the collet chuck|
|-3C (-240 only)
-5C (-260 only)
CCS190DR-240/-260 Rotary Stage with Dead-Length Collet
||Direct-drive rotary stage with integral pneumatic captive collet chuck|
|CCS190DR-260||Direct-drive rotary stage with integral pneumatic captive collet chuck|
|-3C||Double acting, air-actuated 3C collet chuck|
|-5C||Double acting, air-actuated 5C collet chuck|
|-RE-AS||1 Vpp amplified sine output; 13,600 cycles per rev|
|-M-xxxx||3C collets sized for xxxx diameter tubing (0.4 mm to 13 mm); consult Aerotech for the available sizes (-240 only)|
|-EF-xxxxx||3C collets sized for xxxxx diameter tubing (1/64" to 1/2"); consult Aerotech for the available sizes (-240 only)|
|-ED-xxxx||3C collets sized for xxxx diameter tubing (0.070" to 0.400"); consult Aerotech for the available sizes (-240 only)|
|-M-xxxx||5C collets sized for xxxx diameter tubing (0.4 mm to 27 mm*); consult Aerotech for the available sizes (-260 only)|
|-EF-xxxxx||5C collets sized for xxxxx diameter tubing (1/64" to 1-1/16"*); consult Aerotech for the available sizes (-260 only)|
|-ED-xxxx||5C collets sized for xxxx diameter tubing (0.016" to 1.030"*); consult Aerotech for the available sizes (-260 only)|
- *Thru capacity only up to 25.5 mm (1.004").
|-PN||Solenoid valves and relays for collet-chuck actuation|
|-F||Filter assembly to ensure clean air to the collet chuck|
|-WRENCH||Face wrench to change collet|