- Part of Aerotech's Automation1 Precision Motion Control Platform
- Compatible with A3200 version 6.04 and newer
- HyperWire® fiber-optic interface
- Up to 30 A peak output current
- Integral power supply
- Drive brush, brushless, voice coil, and stepper motors
- Safe Torque Off (STO) safety circuit
- Drive array consisting of more than 4 million 32-bit elements
- Includes single-axis Position Synchronized Output (PSO)
- Optional two-axis or three-axis Part-Speed PSO
- Optional I/O expansion board
- Optional 16K encoder multiplier for amplified sine wave encoders up to 450 kHz
- High resolution digital current, velocity, and position loops
- NRTL safety certification and CE approval; follows the 2011/65/EU RoHS 2 Directive
The XC4 PWM amplifiers control brushless DC, brush DC, voice coil, and stepper motor types at up to 320 VDC operating voltage and 30 A peak current capability.
The current loop and servo-loop are closed digitally to ensure the highest level of positioning accuracy and rate stability. This allows loop closure rates of up to 20 kHz and allows digital and analog I/O processing, data collection, process control, and encoder multiplication tasks in real time.
See how Automation1 Servo Drives Improve In-Position Stability.
Standard features for the XC4 include Safe Torque Off (STO), a data array consisting of over 4 million 32-bit elements, digital and analog I/O (see table), one-axis Position Synchronized Output (PSO), dedicated home and end-of-travel limit inputs, and an enhanced current sense device. Encoder support includes square-wave, sine-wave, and absolute encoders.
The standard XC4 accepts square-wave encoder feedback at rates of up to 40 million counts-per-second. Sine-wave encoders can be multiplied by up to 16,384, producing high-resolution position feedback, with the optional encoder multiplier feature.
Each single-axis XC4 PWM digital drive has an optional I/O expansion board, greatly increasing the number of I/O points. This I/O board includes a dedicated PSO output and a PSO synchronization input, often used to synchronize process control with an external mode-locked frequency input.
|Motor Style||Brush, brushless, voice coil, stepper(1)|
|Motor Supply||Single-phase 0-240 VAC; 50/60 Hz|
|Control Supply||100-240 VAC; 50/60 Hz|
|Bus Voltage(2)||0-340 VDC|
|Peak Output Current (1 sec)(3)||10 Apk||20 Apk||30 Apk|
|Continuous Output Current(3)||5 Apk||10 Apk||10 Apk|
|Position Synchronized Output (PSO)||One-axis PSO and One-axis part-speed PSO standard|
|25-Pin Motor Feedback Connector||
|26-Pin Auxiliary Feedback Connector||
|Multiplier Options||MX0 Option:
Primary Encoder: 40 million counts per second square-wave input.
Auxiliary Encoder: 40 million counts per second square-wave input.
Primary Encoder: 450 kHz sine-wave input, encoder multiplier up to x16,384*
Auxiliary Encoder: 40 million counts per second square-wave input
*Encoders multiplied with this input cannot be echoed out.
|I/O Expansion Board (-EB1)||
|Drive Array Memory||4,194,304 32-bit elements|
|High Speed Data Capture||Yes (50 ns latency)|
|Safe Torque Off (STO)||Yes, SIL3/PLe/Cat 4|
|HyperWire Connections||2x HyperWire small form-factor pluggable (SFP) ports|
|Automatic Brake Control||Standard; 24 V at 1 A|
|Absolute Encoder||Renishaw resolute BiSS; EnDat 2.1; and EnDat 2.2|
|Current Loop Update Rate||20 kHz|
|Servo Loop Update Rate||20 kHz|
|Power Amplifier Bandwidth||Selectable through software (85-95% efficiency)|
|Minimum Load Inductance||0.1 mH|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 40 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-30 to 85 °C|
|Weight||2.36 kg (5.20 lb.)|
|Compliance||CE approved, NRTL safety certification, 2011/65/EU RoHS 2 directive|
- For stepper motors only, one-half of bus voltage is applied across the motor (e.g., 80 VDC supply results in 40 VDC across stepper motor).
- Output voltage dependent upon input voltage.
- Peak value of the sine wave; rms current for AC motors is 0.707 * A pk.
|XC4||XC4 PWM digital drive|
|-10||10 A peak, 5 A cont. current (default)|
|-20||20 A peak, 10 A cont. current|
|-30||30 A peak, 10 A cont. current|
|-EB0||No expansion board (default)|
|-EB1||IO expansion board|
|-MX0||No encoder multiplier (default)|
|-MX1||450 kHz x16384 multiplier (primary), no multiplier (auxiliary)|
|-PSO1||One-Axis PSO (default)|
|-SX0||No 2-pin connector for external shunt (default)|
|-SX1||2-pin connector for external shunt|