- Optimize periodic trajectories
- Reject periodic disturbances
- Fast and easy setup
- Adaptable to changes in error source
Optimize Periodic Trajectories
Aerotech's Harmonic Cancellation algorithm dramatically reduces positioning errors on systems with periodic trajectory commands. Part of Aerotech's Dynamic Controls Toolbox, it is simple to experience enhanced performance enabled by Harmonic Cancellation.
With Harmonic Cancellation, a set of controller-level algorithms improve performance by reducing tracking error caused by:
- Sinusoidal reference commands
- Motor force ripple
- Other position-dependent disturbances
- Cross-axis disturbances (such as that created on a linear axis carrying an unbalanced rotational axis)
Figure 1: Harmonic Cancellation is easy to apply thanks to a simple user interface. Enable this algorithm to extract the highest possible performance for your precision motion control system.
For more information, read the Motion System Design magazine article, Harmonic Cancellation Algorithms.
- A3200 Software-Based Machine Controller
- Ensemble Stand-Alone Multi-Axis Motion Controller
- Soloist Stand-Alone Single-Axis Motion Controller
- Motor cogging force reduction
- Military/Aerospace applications such as MEMS sensor testing with gimbals
- Spindle control
- RΘ Wafer Inspection