- Non-magnetic forcer provides high force with zero cogging for super-smooth velocity and position control
- Continuous force to 112.1 N (25.2 lb); peak force to 448.4 N (100.8 lb)
- Unlimited travel length by stacking magnet tracks
- High-energy, rare-earth magnets used in magnet track for high acceleration capability
- Follows the 2011/65/EU RoHS 2 Directive
The BLMF series linear motors are designed to provide a lower cost and lower profile alternative to conventional linear motor applications. The BLMFI forcer contains no magnetic material to achieve zero cogging and magnetic attraction. This allows for extremely smooth motion and very tight velocity and position control.
The forcer assembly contains Hall-effect devices, and a thermal sensor, and is a compact, reinforced ceramic epoxy structure.
Offering high peak forces in its standard configuration, BLMF motors are available with higher-power magnets that can be used to increase output force.
These linear motors are ideal for any application requiring high levels of positioning resolution and accuracy. Tracks are stackable for any travel length. The BLMF linear motors are also for cleanroom use as they produce no particulates.
The BLMF can be driven using standard Aerotech brushless amplifiers and controllers to provide a complete, integrated system.
Need help sizing your motor? Try Aerotech's Motor Sizer software to specify the ideal motor for your application.
BLMFI "Ironless" Forcer Models
No Forced Cooling(2)
|N (lb)||22.7 (5.1)||39.3 (8.8)||78.6 (17.7)||136.0 (30.6)|
|Peak Force(3)||N (lb)||90.6 (20.4)||157.3 (35.4)||314.2 (70.6)||543.9 (122.3)|
|Attraction Force||N (lb)||0||0||0||0|
|8.68 (0.22)||4.34 (0.11)||16.75 (0.43)||8.37 (0.21)||17.37 (0.44)||34.73 (0.88)||27.91 (0.71)||55.82 (1.42)|
No Forced Cooling(2)
|Peak Current, Stall(3)||Apk
|N/Apk (lb/Apk)||7.55 (1.70)||3.78 (0.85)||14.57 (3.28)||7.28 (1.64)||15.11 (3.40)||30.21 (6.79)||24.28 (5.46)||48.56 (10.92)|
|N/Arms (lb/Arms)||10.68 (2.40)||5.34 (1.20)||20.60 (4.63)||10.30 (2.32)||21.36 (4.80)||42.73 (9.61)||34.34 (7.72)||68.67 (15.44)|
|Resistance, 25°C (Line-Line)||Ω||5.5||1.4||10.9||2.7||5.3||21.2||8.0||32.0|
|Thermal Resistance, No Forced Cooling||°C/W||1.92||1.20||0.66||0.38|
|Maximum Bus Voltage||VDC||340||340||340||340|
|Coil Weight||kg (lb)||0.50 (1.10)||0.84 (1.85)||1.10 (2.42)||1.70 (3.74)|
|Coil Length||mm (in)||81.0 (3.19)||142.2 (5.60)||264.2 (10.40)||386.1 (15.20)|
|150x150x13 (6x6x0.5)||300x300x13 (12x12x0.5)||400x400x13 (16x16x0.5)|
|Magnet Track Weight||kg/m (lb/ft)||4.70
|Magnetic Pole Pitch||mm (in)||30.00 (1.18)||30.00 (1.18)||30.00 (1.18)||30.00 (1.18)|
|Standards||2011/65/EU RoHS 2 Directive|
- Performance is dependent upon heat sink configuration, system cooling conditions, and ambient temperature.
- Values shown @ 100°C rise above a 25°C ambient temperature, with motor mounted to the specified aluminum heat sink.
- Peak force assumes correct rms current; consult Aerotech.
- Force constant and motor constant specified at stall.
- All performance and electrical specifications ±10%.
- Maximum winding temperature is 125°C.
- Ambient operating temperature range 0°C - 25°C. Consult Aerotech for performance in elevated ambient temperatures.
- All Aerotech amplifiers are rated Apk; use force constant in N/Apk when sizing.
BLMF Brushless Linear Servo Motor
|BLMFI-81||Flat linear motor forcer, ironless design for zero cogging with thermistor; 81 mm long|
|BLMFI-142||Flat linear motor forcer, ironless design for zero cogging with thermistor; 142 mm long|
|BLMFI-264||Flat linear motor forcer, ironless design for zero cogging with thermistor; 264 mm long|
|BLMFI-386||Flat linear motor forcer, ironless design for zero cogging with thermistor; 386 mm long|
Winding Designation (Required)
|-A||76 cm (2.5 ft) flying leads (standard)|
Hall Effect Sensors (Required)
|-H||Hall effect sensors included|
|-NH||No hall effect sensors included|
Vacuum Preparation (Optional)
|-V||Vacuum preparation to 10-6 Torr|
|-UHV||Ultra-high vacuum preparation; contact factory|
- Note: Vacuum preparation motors are ordered as an Engineering Special line item
Flat Magnet Tracks (Optional)
|MTF240P||Flat magnet track, for use with BLMFI or BLMFS forcer coil, 240 mm long|
|MTF300P||Flat magnet track, for use with BLMFI or BLMFS forcer coil, 300 mm long|
|MTF360P||Flat magnet track, for use with BLMFI or BLMFS forcer coil, 360 mm long|
|MTF420P||Flat magnet track, for use with BLMFI or BLMFS forcer coil, 420 mm long|
|MTF480P||Flat magnet track, for use with BLMFI or BLMFS forcer coil, 480 mm long|
|MTF540P||Flat magnet track, for use with BLMFI or BLMFS forcer coil, 540 mm long|
|MTFxxxP||Flat magnet track length available; custom length|
- Note: Magnet tracks are ordered as separate line items. Magnet track part numbers ending with "P" are high performance grade, including magnets on both sides of the track.
Aerotech offers both standard and custom integration services to help you get your system fully operational as quickly as possible. The following standard integration options are available for this system. Please consult Aerotech if you are unsure what level of integration is required, or if you desire custom integration support with your system.
|-TAS||Integration - Test as system
Testing, integration, and documentation of a group of components as a complete system that will be used together (ex: drive, controller, and stage). This includes parameter file generation, system tuning, and documentation of the system configuration.
|-TAC||Integration - Test as components
Testing and integration of individual items as discrete components that ship together. This is typically used for spare parts, replacement parts, or items that will not be used together. These components may or may not be part of a larger system.