- 100 μm closed-loop and 120 μm open-loop travels (custom travels available)
- High-stiffness and dynamics resulting in outstanding step-and-settle and scanning performance
- High-precision, frictionless flexure guidance
- Long device lifetime
- Superior positioning resolution and linearity with direct-metrology capacitive sensor option
- Variety of threaded adapters for quick and easy attachment to the microscope and objective
- Clear aperture to 29 mm
Aerotech’s QFOCUS® QF1 piezo nanopositioning stage offers microscope objective and optics positioning with nanometer-level precision at high speeds. With an ultra-precision capacitive sensor feedback option and high structural stiffness, the QF1 is perfect for demanding scanning applications, microscopy, or any optical application requiring high precision and throughput.
The QFOCUS QF1 piezo stage is guided by precision flexures that are optimized using finite element analysis to ensure high stiffness and long device life. The resulting design offers outstanding stiffness and resonant frequency, enabling high process throughput and fast closed-loop response. Furthermore, the QF1 has been designed to provide excellent geometric performance (straightness and angular errors) for critical microscopy and optics positioning applications.
High Resolution and Positioning Accuracy
The QF1 has the option of closed-loop feedback (-C) using a unique capacitive sensor design that allows for sub-nanometer resolution and high linearity. The capacitive sensors measure the output of the positioning carriage directly, enabling superior accuracy and repeatability.
When coupled with Aerotech’s Q-series controllers and drives, the QF1 demonstrates sub-nanometer positioning resolution and in-position stability (jitter), and high positioning bandwidth. Software options such as Aerotech’s Dynamic Controls Toolbox and Motion Designer packages provide a host of advanced yet easy-to-use tools such as Learning Control, Harmonic Cancellation, and Command Shaping, providing improved tracking errors and faster step-and-settle times. OEM drive options are also available.
Learn more about our controls and software HERE.
Variety of Objective Thread Adapters
The QFOCUS QF1 is available with threaded adapters to fit most microscopes and objectives. The microscope turret mounting allows for easy and fast positioning of the QF1 at the desired orientation. The QF1 is available with a clear aperture of up to 29 mm.
Custom stage designs, travels, and threaded adapters are available.
|Closed-Loop Travel||100 μm|
|Open-Loop Travel, -30 to +150 V(1)||120 μm|
|Bidirectional Repeatability(5)||3 nm|
|Pitch/Yaw||10 μrad (2.1 arc sec)|
|Stiffness (in direction of motion)(6)||1.25 N/μm|
|Unloaded Resonant Frequency(6)||500 Hz|
|Resonant Frequency (150 g load)(6)||240 Hz|
|Push/Pull Capacity (in direction of motion)(7)||10 N|
|Max Payload(8)||1 kg|
|Stage Mass||0.24 kg|
|MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure)||30,000 Hours|
- Value ±10%.
- See Piezo Engineering reference section 4.2 for description of resolution.
- Certified with each stage (closed-loop feedback models only).
- See Piezo Engineering reference section 4.1 for description of linearity and accuracy specifications.
- Specified as a 1 sigma (standard deviation) value (closed-loop feedback models only). See Piezo Engineering reference section 4.3 for description of bidirectional repeatability.
- Values ±20%.
- See Piezo Engineering reference section 4.6 for description of piezo stage load ratings.
- On-axis loading listed.
- External elements are anodized aluminum. Some stainless steel components are used in the internal construction. Other materials available upon request.
|Drive System||Piezo Multi-Layer Stack Actuator|
|Feedback||Closed Loop: Capacitive Sensor (-C)
Open Loop: None (-)
|Maximum Voltage||-30 V to +150 V|
|Piezo Stack Capacitance(1)||1.6 µF|
- Value ±20%
- Unless noted, the QLAB, QDe, or QLe drives are required to achieve the listed specifications. Contact Aerotech for specifications when used with the QL drives.
QFOCUS™ QF1 Piezo Nanopositioning Stage
|QF1||QFOCUS QF1 open-loop nanopositioner; 120 μm open-loop travel|
|QF1-C||QFOCUS QF1 closed-loop nanopositioner with capacitive sensor feedback; 100 μm closed-loop travel (120 μm open-loop travel)|
Microscope Adapter (optional)
|-MA1||W0.8 x 1/36" microscope adapter|
|-MA2||M19 x 0.75 microscope adapter|
|-MA3||M25 x 0.75 microscope adapter|
|-MA4||M26 x 0.75 microscope adapter|
|-MA5||M27 x 0.75 microscope adapter|
|-MA6||M28 x 0.75 microscope adapter|
|-MA7||M32 x 0.75 microscope adapter|
|-MA8||M26 x 1/36" microscope adapter|
Objective Adapter (optional)
|-OA1||W0.8 x 1/36" objective adapter|
|-OA2||M19 x 0.75 objective adapter|
|-OA3||M25 x 0.75 objective adapter|
|-OA4||M26 x 0.75 objective adapter|
|-OA5||M27 x 0.75 objective adapter|
|-OA6||M28 x 0.75 objective adapter|
|-OA7||M32 x 0.75 objective adapter|
|-OA8||M26 x 1/36" objective adapter|
Note: Parfocal spacer rings and other custom thread sizes available