- Custom-engineered designs with linear motion components integrated directly into a granite structure
- Dual vertical ballscrew drive system allows for precise vertical positioning of large payloads
- Screw-driven, recirculating bearing-guided motion provides an ideal balance of precision and economy
- Available with direct linear encoders for enhanced position feedback
- Design is scalable based on application requirements for travel length, payload, and dynamic performance
Because they are specifically engineered to meet a customer’s application requirements, IGM motion systems represent the pinnacle of design flexibility. From drive and bearing type selection to system layout and arrangement, IGM systems are available with a wide variety of value-adding accessories and state-of-the-art control electronics. Aerotech’s motion engineers regularly custom-tailor IGM systems to meet unique technical and commercial application requirements.
The integrated nature of an IGM system lends itself to offer certain unique technical benefits. The granite structure is able to offer increased stiffness over traditional stages in certain situations, contributing to improved dynamic performance. Further, the simplified structural design serves to reduce the axis profile and minimize design offsets, resulting in a reduction in Abbe errors and therefore more accurate motion at the desired workpoint.
See our case study for a comparison of an IGM system versus a traditional stage-on-granite system.
SpecificationsAerotech mechanical-bearing IGM systems are designed around the performance and budgetary needs specific to your application. As such, exact performance specifications are unique to each system. See our case study for a comparison of an IGM system versus a traditional stage-on-granite system.
Contact an Aerotech Applications Engineer today to discuss your application requirements.
Vertical Screw-Driven IGM
Although each IGM system is carefully engineered to a customer’s specific requirements, there are a variety of common options, features, and capabilities to consider. The following list of commonly available options is not exhaustive. Contact an Aerotech Applications Engineer to discuss all of the possibilities for your IGM system.
- High-torque rotary motor with integral feedback for ball-screw drive
- High-speed rotary motor with integral feedback for ball-screw drive
Direct Linear Feedback
- Linear encoder with 1 Vpp amplified sine output
- Linear encoder with digital TTL output
- Linear encoder with absolute output
- Steel weldment machine base with open sides and leveling feet
- Steel weldment machine base with closed sides (doors and/or panels) and leveling feet
- Provisions for internally-mounted control electronics
- Passive elastomeric isolation between granite and machine base
- Passive air isolation between granite and machine base
Additional Performance-Enhancing Options
- Calibration and metrology