- Part of Aerotech's Automation1 Precision Motion Control Platform
- Compatible with A3200 version 6.04 and newer
- HyperWire® fiber-optic interface
- 10 A peak output current
- Drive brush, brushless, voice coil, or stepper motors
- Safe torque off (STO) safety circuit
- Drive array consisting of 4 million 32-bit elements
- Includes single-axis Position Synchronized Output (PSO)
- Optional I/O expansion board
- Optional 16K encoder multiplier for amplified sine wave encoders up to 450 kHz
- High resolution digital current, velocity, and position loops
- NRTL safety certification and CE approval; follows the 2011/65/EU RoHS 2 Directive
The XC2 can control brushless DC, brush DC, voice coil, or stepper motor types at up to 100 VDC operating voltage and 10 A peak current capability.
The current loop and servo-loop are closed digitally to assure the highest level of positioning accuracy and rate stability. This allows loop closure rates of up to 20 kHz and allows digital and analog I/O processing, data collection, process control, and encoder multiplication tasks in real time.
See how Automation1 Servo Drives Improve In-Position Stability.
Standard features for the XC2 include safe torque off (STO), a data array consisting of over 4 million 32-bit elements, dedicated home and end-of-travel limit inputs,
and an enhanced current sense device. Encoder support includes square-wave, sine-wave, and absolute encoders.
The standard XC2 accepts square-wave encoder feedback at rates of up to 40 million counts-per- second. Sine-wave encoders can be multiplied by up to 16,384, producing
high-resolution position feedback, with the optional encoder multiplier feature.
Each single-axis XC2 PWM digital drive has an optional I/O expansion board; greatly increasing the number I/O points. This I/O board also includes a dedicated PSO output.
|Motor Style||Brush, brushless, voice coil, stepper(1)|
|Motor Supply/Bus Voltage(2)||15-100 VDC|
|Control Supply||24 VDC|
|Peak Output Current (1sec)(3)||10 Apk|
|Continuous Output Current(3)||5 Apk|
|Digital Inputs||0 (Available with -EB1 I/O Expansion Board, see below)|
|Digital Outputs||0 (Available with -EB1 I/O Expansion Board, see below)|
|Analog Inputs||0 (Available with -EB1 I/O Expansion Board, see below)|
|Analog Outputs||0 (Available with -EB1 I/O Expansion Board, see below)|
|Position Synchronized Output (PSO)||One-axis PSO and one-axis Part-Speed PSO
(Available with -EB1 I/O Expansion Board, see below)
|25-Pin Motor Feedback Connector||High-speed Differential Inputs (encoder sin, cos and marker)
CW and CCW Limits
Hall Effect Sensor Inputs (A, B, and C)
Analog Motor Temperature Input
|Multiplier Options||MX0 Option:
Primary Encoder: 40 million counts per second square-wave input.
Auxiliary Encoder: 40 million counts per second square-wave input.
Primary Encoder: 450 kHz sine-wave input, encoder multiplier up to x16,384*
Auxiliary Encoder: 40 million counts per second square-wave input
*Encoders multiplied with this input cannot be echoed out.
|I/O Expansion Board (-EB1)||1x PSO connection point
8x digital inputs, optically isolated
8x digital outputs, optically isolated
1x analog inputs, 16-bit, differential, ±10 V
1x analog outputs, 16-bit, single-ended, ±10 V
|Drive Array Memory||4,194,304 32-bit elements|
|High-Speed Data Capture||Yes (50 ns latency)|
|Safe Torque Off (STO)||Yes, SIL3/PLe/Cat 4|
|HyperWire Connections||2x HyperWire small form-factor pluggable (SFP) Ports|
|Automatic Brake Control||Standard; 24 V at 1 A|
|Absolute Encoder||Renishaw Resolute BiSS; EnDat 2.1; and EnDat 2.2|
|Current Loop Update Rate||20 kHz|
|Servo Loop Update Rate||20 kHz|
|Power Amplifier Bandwidth||2500 Hz maximum (software selectable)|
|Power Amplifier Efficiency||85-95%(5)|
|Minimum Load Inductance||0.1 mH|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 40°C|
|Weight||0.54 kg (1.20 lb.)|
|Compliance||CE approved, NRTL safety certification, 2011/65/EU RoHS 2 directive|
- For stepper motors only, one-half of bus voltage is applied across the motor (e.g., 100 VDC supply results in 50 VDC across stepper motor)
- Output voltage dependent upon input voltage.
- Peak value of the sine wave; rms current for AC motors is 0.707 * Apk.
- Dependent on total output power: efficiency increases with increasing output power.
|XC2||XC2 PWM digital drive|
|-10||10 A Peak, 5 A cont. current (default)|
|-EB0||No expansion board (default)|
|-EB1||IO expansion board|
|-MX0||No encoder multiplier (default)|
|-MX1||450 kHz x16384 multiplier (primary), no multiplier (auxiliary)|
|-PS01||One-Axis PSO (default; includes One-Axis Part-Speed PSO)|
Note: PSO functionality is included in the base XC2. The -EB1 board is required to use PSO logic to generate an output signal.