- Custom-engineered designs with linear motion components integrated directly into a granite structure
- Machine base with integrated control electronics
- Touchscreen machine operator interface
- Isolation system minimizes the effects of external vibrations and disturbances
- Hidden cable management system offers clean appearance, ideal for OEM applications
- Design is scalable based on application requirements for travel length, payload, and dynamic performance
Because they are specifically engineered to meet a customer’s application requirements, IGM motion systems represent the pinnacle of design flexibility. From drive and bearing type selection to system layout and arrangement, IGM systems are available with a wide variety of value-adding accessories and state-of-the-art control electronics. Aerotech’s motion engineers regularly custom-tailor IGM systems to meet unique technical and commercial application requirements.
The integrated nature of an IGM system lends itself to offer certain unique technical benefits. The granite structure is able to offer increased stiffness over traditional stages in certain situations, contributing to improved dynamic performance. Further, the simplified structural design serves to reduce the axis profile and minimize design offsets, resulting in a reduction in Abbe errors and therefore more accurate motion at the desired workpoint.
See our case study for a comparison of an IGM system versus a traditional stage-on-granite system.
SpecificationsAerotech mechanical-bearing IGM systems are designed around the performance and budgetary needs specific to your application. As such, exact performance specifications are unique to each system. See our case study for a comparison of an IGM system versus a traditional stage-on-granite system.
Contact an Aerotech Applications Engineer today to discuss your application requirements.
IGM Universal Machine PlatformAlthough each IGM system is carefully engineered to a customer’s specific requirements, there are a variety of common options, features, and capabilities to consider. The following list of commonly available options is not exhaustive. Contact an Aerotech Applications Engineer to discuss all of the possibilities for your IGM system.
- Mechanical recirculating bearings with ball-screw drive
- Mechanical recirculating bearings with linear motor drive
- Air bearings with linear motor drive
- Single linear motor per axis
- Dual linear motors per axis; for higher-torque applications
- High-torque rotary motor with integral feedback for ball-screw drive
- High-speed rotary motor with integral feedback for ball-screw drive
- Linear encoder with 1 Vpp amplified sine output
- Linear encoder with digital TTL output
- Linear encoder with absolute output
- Steel weldment machine base with open sides and leveling feet
- Steel weldment machine base with closed sides (doors and/or panels) and leveling feet
- Provisions for internally-mounted control electronics
- Passive elastomeric isolation between granite and machine base
- Passive air isolation between granite and machine base
- Calibration and metrology
- Integrated air filtration system