- 450 mm wafer compatible
- Air-bearing scan axis; mechanical-bearing step axis
- Dual linear-motor-driven step axis
- Travel to 1.2 meter by 1.2 meter
- Linear encoder or laser interferometer feedback
The AHL9000 is the latest addition to Aerotech’s family of air-bearing stages and is an excellent choice for applications that require careful balancing of price and performance. This stage has been designed for demanding applications that require excellent step and scan performance. Applications include wafer inspection, flat panel display manufacturing and optical inspection and fabrication.
The AHL9000’s scan axis was designed using proven air-bearing technology developed for the ABL9000 planar air bearing. This axis uses active preload on both the vertical and horizontal surfaces in order to provide outstanding stiffness and dynamic performance. The AHL9000 also takes advantage of the cost-effectiveness of a mechanical bearing step axis. The combination of these two bearing technologies in one stage provides a system that is optimized for step and scan operation.
Linear Motor Drive
The driving force behind this stage is Aerotech’s BLM series brushless linear servomotor. Aerotech’s long history and experience as a motor manufacturer is reflected in this latest design. The BLM utilizes an ironless forcer, which means there is zero cogging and no attractive forces, resulting in unsurpassed smoothness of motion. Capable of generating high force and velocity, the BLM represents the ultimate combination of power and performance.
Noncontact linear encoders with submicron repeatabilities are standard on all AHL9000 series stages. Optional 2D factory calibration is available to further increase the standard accuracy, straightness and yaw specifications to even finer precision.
We carefully optimize the cable bend radius to ensure years of trouble-free operation. In the unlikely event of failure, Aerotech’s modular design makes cable replacement quick and easy with minimal downtime.
To facilitate integration into the final system we include all customer-required cables, air hoses, etc. in our CMS bundle. Both ends are fully connectorized for simple integration into the customer’s machine.
|Travel||350 mm x 350 mm|
|Drive System||Linear Brushless Servomotor
(Bridge Axis: BLM-264-A;
Gantry Axis: BLM-203-A)
|Bus Voltage||up to 160 VDC|
|Apk||up to 5.10 A|
|Arms||up to 3.61 A|
|Apk||up to 5.30 A|
|Arms||up to 3.75 A|
|Feedback||Noncontact Linear Encoder (LT or LN)|
|Resolution||0.0005 µm - 1.0 µm|
|Maximum Travel Speed(1)||1000 mm/s|
|Maximum Acceleration||1.0 g (No Load)|
|Maximum Load(2)||30.0 kg|
|Straightness (Y Axis)||Max Deviation||0.6 µm|
|Flatness||Max Deviation||0.6 µm|
|Pitch/Roll/Yaw||3 arc sec|
|Stage Mass||535 kg|
|Moving Mass||Bridge||9.7 kg|
|Orthogonality||2 arc sec|
|Operating Pressure(4)||551.6 kPA +0, -34 kPa|
|Air Consumption(5)||33 SLPM (1.17 SCFM)|
|Finish||Hard Coating (62 Rockwell Hardness )|
- Maximum speed based on stage capability; maximum application velocity may be limited by system data rate and system resolution.
- Maximum load based on bearing capability; maximum application load may be limited by acceleration requirements.
- Available with Aerotech controllers and HALAR calibration option.
- To protect air bearing against under-pressure, an in-line pressure switch tied to motion controller ESTOP input is recommended.
- Air supply must be clean, dry to 0°F dew point and filtered to 0.25 µm or better; recommend nitrogen at 99.9% purity.
- Optional construction materials include ceramic, invar, stainless and titanium.
- Specifications are for single-axis systems measured 25 mm above the tabletop. Performance of multi-axis systems is payload and workpoint dependent. Consult factory for multi-axis or non-standard applications.